Three Day Practitioner Course
This course is designed to provide the delegate with an in depth knowledge of Obsolescence Management.
It is designed for those who are about to embark on an Obsolescence Management strategy, or those who require more detailed information on what an Obsolescence Manager needs to know and what duties they should be performing. The course will explore the origins of obsolescence and what continues to drive the need for managing obsolescence risk. We will also look at the relevant International, NATO and British Standards and also corporate policies that have been published by major customers such as the Ministry of Defence and BAE Systems.
The course will show how to understand the future cost of resolving obsolescence issues, the implications of ignoring the obsolescence risk and will also give practical experience of Obsolescence Management. We will look in detail at the elements of an Obsolescence Management Strategy and an Obsolescence Management Plan using workshops and syndicate exercises. Other subjects covered include contractual issues, legislation and what tools are available. We will cover the main factors that affect obsolescence risk and the methods of mitigating this risk and resolving obsolescence issues.
- Introduction to Obsolescence Management
- Obsolescence Management Policy, Strategy and Planning
- Obsolescence Contracting
- Obsolescence Risk
- Obsolescence Resolutions & Mitigations
- Obsolescence Management within the Design Process
- Obsolescence Management Tools
- OM Cost Modelling
- Obsolescence Management & Counterfeits
- Impact of Legislation on Obsolescence
- Software Obsolescence
- Measuring Performance of an OM Capability
- Communication & Collaboration
- The Role of an Obsolescence Manager
- Cascading Obsolescence Management Down the Supply Chain
- Developing an Obsolescence Management Plan